Pursuant to the provision of The County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012 Section 35, 36 and 45, the Office of the Governor wishes to consider application from highly qualified, results – oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointment to the positions County Executive Committee Members.
Applicants should specify in the application letter the portfolio for which they wish to head;
CPSB01/31/08/2017: County Executive Committee Members (10 Positions)
- CEC – Finance and Economic Planning
- CEC – Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries Development
- CEC – Health Services
- CEC – Tourism, Culture and Social Services
- CEC – Education, Skills Development, Youth and Sports
- CEC – Land, Energy and Urban Development
- CEC – Public Administration, County Co-ordination and ICT
- CEC – Transport, Roads, Public Works and Housing
- CEC – Trade, Industry and Enterprise Development
- CEC – Water, Environment and Natural Resource Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities are as prescribed in The Constitution of Kenya 2010 section, 183 and County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012 section 36.
Requirements for Appointment;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is being appointed.
- Shall not hold any other state or public office.
- Must be computer literate.
NOTE: In order to fulfill requirements of chapter six of the Constitution, Interested applicants for the above positions are required to obtain the following;
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the Applications.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission Guideline
Marsabit County is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and clearance Certificates (in compliance with chapter six) in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for should reach the undersigned on or before 11th September, 2017 by close of business.
Office of the Governor,
County Government of Marsabit
P.O Box 384-60500
Or the application can be sent to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download the PDF advert here: CECs Job Advert 2017