County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified citizens to fill the following positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act 2012 Sections 45:
CPSB02/31/08/2017: COUNTY CHIEF OFFICERS – (16 POST)
The County Chief Officers shall be in-charge of the following portfolios
- CO – Finance and Economic Planning
- CO – Agriculture
- Co – Livestock
- CO – Fisheries Development
- CO – Health Services
- CO – Tourism, Culture and Social Services
- CO – Education
- CO – Skills Development, Youth and Sports
- CO – Land and Urban Development
- CO – Energy
- CO – Public Administration, County Co-ordination and ICT
- CO – Transport and Roads
- CO – Public Works and Housing
- CO – Trade, Industry and Enterprise Development
- CO – Water
- CO – Environment and Natural Resource Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Officer shall be the accounting and authorized officer in respect of exercise of delegated powers and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for:
- Day to day administration of the department
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery within the department
- Implementation of policies and programs within the department
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development goals including performance management
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain Vision 2030
- Promote National values and principles of governance & values and principles of public service as outlined in Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of at least Bachelors degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya
- Possession of a masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of socio-economic development objectives and plans of Vision 2030
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than 10 years at a senior management level
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proof of registration with the relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Those who are currently working with the County government and are interested are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission Guidelines
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed above should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
Or the application can be sent to email@example.com
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 22nd September, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download the PDF advert here:County Chief Officer Job Advert