County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified citizens to fill the following positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act 2012 Sections 45:
CPSB03/31/08/2017: COUNTY SECRETARY – (1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
The County Secretary shall: –
- Be the head of the county public service;
- Be the Secretary to the County Executive Committee
- Be responsible for arranging the business, and keeping the minutes, of the county executive committee, subject to the directions of the executive committee:
- Convey the decisions of the county executive committee to the appropriate persons or authorities:
- Ensure efficient management of resources
- Coordination of County Government activities
- Interpret, disseminate and oversee the implementation of National and County Government policies
- Provide direction and guidance to public officers in the County
- Perform any other functions as directed by the County Executive Committee
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in possession of Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized
- in Kenya
- Have master’s degree or higher academic qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in senior administration and management
- Possess knowledge of organization and functions of government
- Have thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the public service. Membership to a professional association body will be an added advantage.
- Attended strategic leadership program course for not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya
- Computer literate
- Possession of CPS (K) will be an added advantage
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of County Secretary.
- Ability to portray and uphold a positive County/ National image
- Being a visionary result oriented strategic thinker.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to National values and principles of governance as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of both the county and national goals, policies development strategies as well as Vision 2030.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission Guidelines
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed above should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
Or the application can be sent to : email@example.com
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 22nd September, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, The County Government of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Download the PDF advert here: County Secretary Job Advert