Photo:Marsabit county governor, Ambassador Ukur Yatani addressing members of the press at Marsabit Hospital where he fledged off the two day specialists’ free medical camp on Saturday
The Marsabit County governor, Ambassador Ukur Yatani has today expressed his gratitude to over 17 specialists who are on a mission to offer free medical camp at the County’s Headquarters (Marsabit hospital).
The specialists who are led by local (indigenous) doctors though working elsewhere include specialists from across the country.
Ambassador Yatani who fledged off the two day free medical camp at Marsabit general hospital said that, it is a rare opportunity for local doctors to give back to the society through such free medical services, and his administration must appreciate them for their exemplary health for all free services.
The county CEO who cut short his speech said that the purpose of the day is to give and enjoy the best specialists services, revealing that health sector is at the heart of his administration and that is why 30% of the county budget was allocated to health sector.
The governor was confident to say that, since the inception of the county government health facilities across the county has greatly improved in the health public service delivery which he attributes to the responsive county leadership.
He added that the county is in process of building an ultra modern health facility at a tune of about Ksh. 150 Million in a bid to ease efficiency in the execution of health services.
Governor Yatani asserted that co-ordination and collaboration between county leadership and county citizens is imperative for the success of health services across the county.
The county governor urged the specialists led by the indigenous doctor, Dr. Nduro Galgallo to consider similar free health exercise for Kalacha, Laisamis and Moyale, promising that the county will consider for their flight transport service unlike this time when they come by road.
According to the Marsabit County deputy director medical services, Dr. Ndakalu Manasseh the specialists who arrived at Marsabit hospital include; general medical officers (8), general surgeons (3), Gynecologists (2), pediatricians (2), physician (1) and ENT surgeon (1), totaling to 17 specialists.
Following the free health services for all, organized by the leadership of Marsabit County in collaboration with the indigenous doctors, the number of people thronging in to seek for specialists services is enormous.
Specialists who touched Marsabit County General Hospital Headquarters ground to offer the two day free medical services include;
- John Bosco (consultant general surgeon)
- Nuno Ibdirahman (consultant general surgeon)
- adan Dima Oge (consultant gynecologists/obstetric VVF surgeon)
- Hassan Mahmed (consultant physician)
- David Duro Galgallo (consultant pediatrician subspecialty pediatric nephrology)
- Chabi Martin (consultant pediatrician)
- Dr, Wambua Muatia (registrar gynecology and obstetrics)
- Mahad Ali (registrar general surgeon)
- Meimuna Adan (registrar ENT)
- Al Amin Adan (senior medical officer)
- Abubakar Hussein (medical officer)
- Aisha khator (medical officer)
- Jillo Biko (medical officer)
- Issack M Abdi (medical officer)
- wako Abdullahi Yusuf (medical officer)
- Alma Laibon (medical officer)
- Dika Mohammed (medical officer)
By the department of communication, Marsabit County