EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
FOR PROVISION OF STREET LIGHTING IN MARSABIT TOWN AND MOYALE, MARSABIT COUNTY, KENYA
The County Secretary of the County Government of Marsabit intends to procure Street Lighting for Marsabit and Moyale Towns. Qualified and competent bidders are invited to submit their Expression of Interest for the provision of Street Lighting (with associated service agreement for on-going maintenance and operation) in the towns of Marsabit and Moyale.
- Scope of the Street Lighting Contract:
The package for Marsabit Town shall consist of up to 4 main roads, as shall be defined in the Tender Package to be provided to the shortlisted eligible providers to be invited to bid in the tender. The package for Moyale Town shall consist of 1 main road, as shall be defined in the Tender Package to be provided to the shortlisted providers to be invited to bid in the tender. Total distance to be lighted in Marsabit and Moyale shall be in the range of 12 to 15 Kilometers.
The County aims to have Street Lighting in operation within the first quarter of 2017. Therefore, this contract shall be tightly managed and fast tracked.
The Bidder shall take full responsibility for import, transport, supervision, and all necessary permits and approvals and to ensure timely delivery and efficient operation of the Street Lights.
- MANDATROY REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMISSION CONTENT
- Proposal for the intention
- Company profile, detailing relevant experience,
- Certified copies of certificate of Incorporation/Registration,
- Valid tax compliance certificate,
- Audited financial report for the last three years. Companies that are newly formed and do not have three years of operating history, are encouraged to provide backing from (a) parent company and/or (b) create a Joint Venture or a Consortium.
- Compliance for Prequalification requirements.
- Description of the proposed Street Lighting scheme, including (but not limited to) illustrative design, list of key equipment components and features, indicative timing and duration of contract stages, and, an estimate of total contract value, broken down to indicate the cost for each element of the scope as given in section 1 of this document, and indicative timing of completion, in line with County’s fast track program for Street Lighting,
- Local Content maximisation, in terms of participation of local contractors and use of locally manufactured products.
- Name, Title, and email address of the main contact, to receive the invitation to bid via email (if the Bidder is short listed).
- DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS, CLOSING DATE, AND NOTIFICATION
- Two original hard copies of the Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by not later than [16th November 2016], 16:00 pm and must be clearly marked: “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVISION OF STREET LIGHTING IN MARSABIT TOWN AND MOYALE, MARSABIT COUNTY, KENYA
Should be addressed to:
The County Secretary
County Government of Marsabit
P.O Box 384-60500
g)Soft copy of the Expression Of Interest to be sent by email to :
h)Short Listed bidders shall be notified by email within 1 week from the closing date, and, will be eligible to obtain soft copies of the Tender Information Pack in order to submit their final bid, in line with further instructions in the notification email.