WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
The Department of Land and Urban development commits itself to enhancing collaboration with communities, partners and National government in our key strategic areas of intervention, namely: land legislation and policy framework, civic education and public participation, land administration and management, land use mapping and planning, urban spatial planning and service provision, waste management and Infrastructure Development. By so doing we will contribute to the vision of a cohesive and prosperous County as outlined in the County Integrated Development Plan
We seek to achieve these by providing policy direction, standards and coordination of all matters concerning lands, energy and urban development. We are responsible for putting in place policies and initiating laws that ensure sustainable land management, promote sustainable energy utilization for all and foster orderly urban development in the county
The department has also its fundamental goal and purpose of providing and sustaining quality services, which are geared to satisfy the needs and expectations of its esteemed customers. Its aim is to facilitate provision of clean, sustainable, affordable, reliable, and secure energy services for county development while protecting the environment.
Excellent Land Management and vibrant, well-planned urban centers in Marsabit County
To facilitate and enable sustainable land use and the growth of six (6) urban centers through efficient land administration, equitable access, secure tenure, sustainable management of the land- based resources and well planned / serviced urban centers.
OUR CORE VALUES
We will be guided by these core values in our pursuit for excellence:
- The customer is always right
- Value and respect our customers
- Courtesy to all customers who come for services
- Pursuit of excellence in service delivery
- Impartiality in service delivery
- Loyalty to the Government
- Respect for Rule of Law
- Proper use of official information
- Diligence to duty
- Serve with utmost diligence upholding ethical standards and the Constitution of Kenya and Zero tolerance to corruption.
We commit ourselves with the help of our clients and stakeholders to design on the basis of the above stated values high quality service delivery standards for our clients and other stakeholders
OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
The department guarantees the provision of efficient, effective, and ethical services to all its clients. You can expect the following from us:
Customer Service Orientation
- First come first serve basis;
- High standard of professionalism;
- Environmentally conscious
- Highly cooperative in collaborative efforts towards joint services
- Equal opportunities for all
- Compliance with public service code of conduct, values and principles of employment
- Identify ourselves when we speak to you;
- Be clear, concise and helpful in our interactions;
- Treat you with respect and courtesy;
- Maintain confidentiality when required to do so;
- Refer enquiries we cannot answer to an appropriate agency/authority, department, office;
- Maintain a user friendly and frequently updated website;
- Deal with your enquiries and complaints immediately
- Answer telephone calls before end of three (3) ring tones
- On general enquiries, letters are acknowledged and responded to within (7) days.
- We respond to emails within 24 hours of receipt during working days.
- We will reply to memos or issues raised in the file between 2 to 5 days
- We provide well –researched and accurate reports on land, urban development and energy related issues.
- We acknowledge receipt of proposals for support within 14 days and process the same within (3) months. All criteria must be met before support is granted.
- Reply to your letters, faxes and emails within two working days and on more complex issues, our initial reply will give you an estimate of the time a full response will take, and the cost, if any;
- We will pay service providers and other customers within 20 working days upon submission of accurate invoices and any other supporting documents in line with the official procurement regulations
- We provide land information services on monthly basis
- We will carry out monitoring and evaluation of growth and development of the land and available energy utilization in the county on annual basis
- We will educate clients about policies, laws, regulations of the department of land, urban development and energy depending on their needs
We will be available:
- From 08.00 am to 13.00 pm and 14.00pm to 17.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- The department remains closed weekends and public holidays.
- We maintain a 24 hour; seven days a week emergency line.