Marsabit County is located in the extreme part of northern Kenya and has a total area of 70,961.2 sq. km.
Office of the
The Office of the County Attorney is established by the Office of the County Attorney Act No. 14 of 2020. The office consists of the County Attorney, the County Solicitor and such other number of county legal counsel as the county attorney may in consultation with the County Public Service Board consider necessary.
To be the model county law office by providing visionary and practical solutions to real problems and in turn, making a positive impact that can be felt by our communities.
To provide excellent, responsive, timely, reliable, efficient, effective and innovative legal support and solutions to the County Government of Marsabit in execution of its statutory and constitutional mandate.
Functions of the County Attorney
1. Is the principal legal adviser to the county government.
2. Attends the meetings of the county executive committee as an ex officio member of the executive committee.
3. On instructions of the county government, represents the county executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the county executive is a party other criminal proceedings.
4. Advises departments in the county executive on legislative and other legal matters.
5. Negotiates, drafts, vets and interprets documents and agreements for an on behalf of the county executive and its agencies.
6. Is responsible for revision of county laws.
7. Liaises with the Office of the Attorney General when the need arises and performs any other function as may be necessary for the effective discharge of the duties and the exercise of the powers of the County Attorney.
Hon. Flevia Gekone